2018 ISPE Board Election Results
The ISPE International Board of Directors 2018 election results are in after member voting during the summer. The new slate of officers and directors has been named. Board members govern and chart the Society’s strategic direction during their terms of service.
The new board members will assume their roles at the 2018 ISPE Annual Meeting & Expo, 4–7 November in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US.
The 2018–2019 officers are:
- Chair: James Breen, Jr., PE, Vice President, Project Lead, Biologics Expansion, Janssen Pharmaceuticals
- Vice Chair: Frances (Fran) M. Zipp, President & CEO, Lachman Consultant Services, Inc.
- Treasurer: Thomas Hartman, Vice President of GMP Operations, Biopharm CMC, GlaxoSmithKline
- Secretary: Joanne R. Barrick, Advisor in Global Validation Support, Eli Lilly and Company
The 2017–2018 Board Chair will continue service on the board in 2018–2019 as Immediate Past Chair:
- Timothy P. Howard, CPIP, PE, Vice President Asia Operations, Commissioning Agents, Inc.
The following are newly elected, reelected, or appointed directors. They will serve from 2018 through 2020:
- Vivianne Arencibia, President, Arencibia Quality Compliance Associates
- Gunter Baumgartner, Vice President, Global Engineering, Takeda Pharmaceuticals
- Chris Chen, Chief Executive Officer, WuXi Biologics (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
- Christine M.V. Moore, PhD, Global Head and Executive Director, GRACS CMC–Policy, Merck & Co.
- Caroline Rocks, Senior Process Engineer, AbbVie, Inc.
The following have completed their ¬ first year of service and will continue to serve on the board through 2019:
- Anthony (Tony) Crincoli, PE, Vice President, Global Engineering, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- Flemming Dahl, Head of Quality, Senior Vice President, Novo Nordisk A/S
- Kelly Keen, Vice President, Head of PMO Project Management, Celonic AG
- Alice Redmond, PhD, Vice President, European Operations, Commissioning Agents, Inc.
- Michael Rutherford, Executive Director, Computer Systems Quality and Data Integrity, Syneos Health
- LeAnna Pearson, Lead Validation Engineer, bluebird bio, Young Professionals Representative (non-voting)
For More Information
Board member biographies are on the ISPE International Board of Directors webpage.