Submit an Article
Submit Your Best Content to ISPE
ISPE is a member association and we rely on our members to submit their best work to us, to share their technical knowledge with the industry at large. Whether you write a short blog or submit an article to the magazine, there are many opportunities to share your knowledge and expertise.
Pharmaceutical Engineering® Magazine
Pharmaceutical Engineering® is always looking for articles! Please refer to our Author Guidelines for information about article submissions and standards.
What Types of Articles Is Pharmaceutical Engineering® Looking For?
- Features: 1,500 - 4,000 words, approx. 5 graphics
Recent industry developments, strategic issues, technical developments, trends, or innovative solutions. These articles should stimulate debate, present new models or hypotheses, speculate on the meaning and interpretation of new data, or outline suggestions for future experiments.
- Technical article: 5,000 words, approx. 5 graphics
Define and demonstrate global best practices in engineering and design, product development, technology transfer, manufacturing process development and scale-up, commercial manufacturing, quality and compliance, and product life cycle management.
- Case study: 4,000 words, approx. 5 graphics
New approaches to industry problems. Describe the method, process, and technology; discuss any challenges encountered; and provide a balanced comparison of this approach vs. other more established methods.
- Research article: 5,000 words, approx. 5 graphics
Innovative methods and techniques covering any aspect of the pharmaceutical industry. Must emphasize scientific rigor and reproducible results, with conclusions supported by adequate evidence.
Pharmaceutical Engineering® publishes original content only, so if your article has been submitted to other publications or has already appeared on your web site, we cannot consider it.
All subject-matter content for the magazine undergoes peer review by the Editorial Review Board.
Revisions and Acceptance
After peer review and any required revisions by the reviewers, authors are notified about whether their article has been accepted.
Open Access Program
Starting with the November-December 2019 issue of Pharmaceutical Engineering®, a limited number of articles are “unlocked” for access by any visitor to the web site. If you would like your article to be considered for Open Access, please indicate this when you submit the manuscript for consideration.
Ready to submit?
Questions about Pharmaceutical Engineering® Article Types or Where Your Article Could Fit?
iSpeak Submission Guidelines
ISPE’s official blog iSpeak accepts contributions by our Members and professionals in the pharma industry. Here is a little bit about how it works.
What We Look For:
Blog posts submitted for consideration should be of interest to ISPE Members and professionals in the pharma industry. iSpeak content inspires engineers, microbiologists, chemists, QA/QC, production, process development, pharmacists, regulatory and training personnel, academia, suppliers, and other professionals worldwide, across all ranks, with valuable and insightful articles that come from trustworthy and reliable sources.
Blog content includes interviews, opinion pieces, technical content, checklists, how-tos, series, etc. To get an idea of the types of stories ISPE publishes, please explore iSpeak.
While we encourage drawing from your own experiences to support your ideas, commercialism is strictly prohibited.
- Commercialism is the inclusion of visual, written, or verbal references to any specific company and/or product for promotion or commercial advantage.
- The article must not promote a specific product or company to the exclusion of other similar products that could be used to resolve the problem.
- The article must focus on novel and innovative technical approaches to resolve a problem without excluding alternative options
We also do not publish press releases, industry announcements, executive changes, or other information being sent to multiple media.
How to Submit:
Submitted blog posts should be at least 900 words. You can submit topics for consideration and full blog posts to iSpeak@ispe.org.
Your submission should include:
- Minimum 900 words
- Focused topic, keyword, or phrase
- Supported multimedia options include images, charts, videos, infographics, etc.
- Byline including headshot, name, title, and company
Final scheduling depends on multiple factors, including the date of submission, duration of the review and revision process, and available space in the schedule. At the minimum, there is a two-week turnaround between giving our internal technical team time to review and when it would be finalized and added to the schedule if topic approved.
For Blog Posts We Do Choose to Publish:
- All articles are subject to editing—with author(s) giving final approval
- Headlines and subheads are subject to change
- Content may be edited for style, tone, or substance
- Links may be added for context
- Art will be added at the discretion of ISPE
- Articles may or may not be promoted across ISPE’s our home page, in our newsletters, and via our social feeds.
- ISPE requests that contributed blog posts remain exclusive to iSpeak
Questions about iSpeak?
Please contact iSpeak@ispe.org.