Women in Pharma®: Goals 2020
Each year many people start off with how they are going to be better than the year before and write down unrealistic goals about their professional and personal time next the 365 days.
Our team at Women in Pharma® has sat down and put together a strategy to help focus on two important goals that we believe are stretch goals, but achievable if we work together as a community within our current membership of ISPE and by reaching out to our community of talent within the bio Pharma industries.
Remember our mission: ISPE Women in Pharma® provides women in the pharmaceutical industry a forum for connecting and collaborating on technical and career advancement topics. Women in Pharma’s inclusive community leverages a network of mentors, role models, and resources across all levels to foster balanced professional success.
Our priorities are:
- To empower women as leaders in our industry
- Build and leverage diversity to drive operational excellence within the workplace
- Establish Mentor/Mentee relationships to improve the effectiveness of our members
- Expose as many women as possible to opportunities in technology and science
Together we will pool our resources, open our homes and offices, and lean on each other to challenge, grow and develop women in the biopharmaceutical space. We will sit around co-mingled tables with men and women from multi-cultural backgrounds with varying degrees of experience and educations to discuss challenges within the workplace, how mentors can help drive our careers and much more. We will present technical topics on podiums, speak at round table discussions, and get creative in 2020.
We plan to start a Women in Pharma podcast series in second quarter and believe our volunteers and ISPE staff will drive change within the industry over the next year. We are always looking for volunteers to help reach our goals and grow our community of professionals seeking to evolve and design the future of leadership.
Our goals are simple:
- Raise $25,000 for the ISPE Foundation to help professionals of all ages, cultures, and genders to embody the vision and spirit of ISPE with scholarships for educational events and travel grants.
- Develop and sustain 20 mentor circles globally in 2020 to help 400 women and men grow and develop in their career paths. We would like to discuss topics that create an environment for our members to make themselves vulnerable and break down barriers for the next level of professional and personal success.
If you are interested in volunteering to help us achieve our goals in 2020, please email us to get engaged. Please add me on LinkedIn if you would like to connect or reach out to any of our Women in Pharma leaders or members.
In 2020, our Women in Pharma team along with the ISPE International Board will support the members of our society to the fullest of our abilities in order to make a better working world for the patients we serve. We challenge you to keep Women in Pharma on your mind while making your 2020 professional development plan.
Join us at our next Women in Pharma International breakfast in San Francisco January 31st, at the 2020 ISPE Facilities of the Future Conference. Industry members will be discussing “Proactive Career Design” with breakfast and discussion. You will not want to miss this event.