Now Accepting Nominations
Submissions Due by 26 April 2019
The International Board of Directors is responsible for the governance and strategic direction of our Society. Members of the Board are people who know our Society, understand our industry and have strong strategic leadership capabilities. Potential candidates should have most, if not all, of the following characteristics:
- They must be strategic thinkers. The Board is responsible for the Society's long-term planning.
- They must be willing to be Ambassadors and communicate on behalf of the Society.
- They should be leaders. While we would hope that they are leaders within the Society, evidence of leadership in business or another professional organization is desirable.
- They need financial acumen. The Board oversees a budget in excess of US $10 million.
- They need "business sense." ISPE is not-for-profit, however we still must bring in ample money to achieve our goals.
- They must understand the current and future needs and strategies of manufacturers and service providers in the global pharma/biopharma industry, advancing science, technology, and engineering in a highly regulated environment and serve in leadership positions within our member firms.
- They must be able to commit to spending time working on ISPE issues, and they must be able to travel to four Board meetings per year.
- They must be ISPE Members; any nominee who is not currently an ISPE Member will be required to join the Society before being placed on the ballot.
- They must be fluent in English. Board meetings are conducted in English, and Members need to be able to understand and communicate in that language.
In an effort to represent a global view of our industry and to ensure organizational success, it is important we have an appropriately diverse International Board of Directors. Diversity is represented in many ways; examples may include business expertise, gender, geographic location and young professionals. If you know of someone who fits the above description and can expand our Board diversity, we encourage you to reach out to them, confirm their willingness to be considered, and send a completed Nomination Form along with the nominee's curriculum vitae or resume to email@example.com by 12 April 2019. Self-nominations are also welcome.
Download Nomination Form