ISPE International Board of Directors Election Process
The ISPE International Board of Directors 2020 Election is now open through 18 September 2020. Ballots will be emailed to all ISPE Members eligible to vote. The email contains a personal URL to access the ballot, review the nomination materials, and to cast your vote online. The personal URL can be used only once, and it can be used only by the Member to whom it was assigned.
If you encounter an error during the voting process, please contact Keith Wier, Account Manager, Intelliscan, Inc. by telphone or email. Candidates have been selected by the Nominating Committee and then approved by the ISPE Board of Directors as required in ISPE’s bylaws. We now present the nominees to you for your consideration.
- Your ballot instructions will indicate that you can vote for one person for each Officer position and five people for the Director positions. This could be either votes for candidates listed, write in votes for any other ISPE Member, or a combination.
- The ballot is structured differently this year. To ensure that our Board reflects the ISPE membership demographics, the Nominating Committee designed a paired slate to ensure representation from the Eastern United States, Mid and Western United States, Europe, and Asia.
- You will vote for one Director candidate per regional category, and you will also have one additional vote to be used within any of the regional categories, for a total of five (5) votes.
Directors are elected to a two-year term and can serve up to two terms consecutively. The officer positions on the ballot are Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer, and Secretary. The current Chair automatically becomes Past Chair in the next year and the President serves as a non-voting ex-officio member. Terms for officers are one year and the Secretary is the first officer position in the typical officer succession. Each candidate for secretary is typically making a five-year commitment to serve in the roles of Secretary through Past Chair.
All voting must be completed no later than 11:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Friday, 18 September 2020.
View the current ISPE International Board of Directors.
Board Appointed Director Position
In 2016, ISPE Governance Documents were updated to give the Board the authority to appoint one Director position to the Board during the established election cycle. The objective is to ensure ISPE has the appropriate diversity within the Board to execute business strategies as defined in our ISPE Strategic Plan. It is not the Board’s expectation that every election cycle will require an appointed position.
We are pleased to announce that the Board has appointed Mr. David Doleski to serve on the Board for a two-year term.
Board Members Continuing a Term in 2020-2021
The following individuals have been elected to a two-year term and will be continuing their term in 2020-2021.
Board Members Completing Their Service
The following individuals will complete their Board service and will officially end their term at the 2020 ISPE Annual Meeting & Expo. ISPE thanks these individuals for their dedication and commitment to the organization.
Candidate Nomination and Selection Process
Below are the steps taken for selecting candidates to be on the ballot:
- Each year, the global membership of ISPE are asked to provide the names of potential candidates to the ISPE Nominating Committee. Candidates are proposed on the basis of a number of considerations communicated in the call for nominations including strategic thinking, leadership skills, “business sense,” knowledge of the global pharma/biopharma industry, and the ability to commit the time and resources required to actively participate on the Board.
- The Nominating Committee proposes a list of potential candidates for the vacancies on the Executive Committee and the International Board of Directors. The Board approves this list before the election.
- Approved candidates are asked to confirm their willingness to stand for the election and to demonstrate that they have the support of their employer to serve.
- Following the receipt of this information, the balloting process is arranged using an independent outside body, Intelliscan, Inc.
Intelliscan, Inc. conducts the entire election process and reports the results to the International Board of Directors.
Note: To be eligible to vote, you must have been an ISPE member in good standing on 7 August 2020.