Powered & Led by Women in Pharma®
Women in Pharma's commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion expands beyond wish lists and future goals with Mentor ISPE. This innovative mentorship program, designed by current Women in Pharma members, sets out to redefine the relationship between mentors and mentees.
Through open communication and confidentiality, Mentor ISPE welcomes all members within the pharmaceutical industry to submit for a match.
The twelve months program will allow the international mentoring groups to learn from one another, grow professionally and personally, ignite social change, and Shape the Future of Pharma.
Want to gain a deeper understanding of Mentor ISPE?
Join us for an info session on 14 and 15 September for an opportunity to meet the Women in Pharma Mentorship Committee and other potential participants as they navigate frequently asked questions and explore the offerings of Mentor ISPE.
Mentor Group Roles
The international mentor groups will consist of 4-tiered pharmaceutical industry professionals and students. Participants will be grouped to grow professionally and personally by exchanging ideas, and knowledge and discussing common topics of interest.
Each member of the group should contribute equally to planning the meetings as well as initiating conversation. The program is intended to be an opportunity for professionals with more experience to mentor students and recent graduates while at the same time allowing space for reverse mentoring where students and recent graduates can give insight about their experiences and accomplishments to mid-level and executive-level or retired professionals.
University/College students pursuing a major that is suited for a job in the pharmaceutical industry and have an interest to learn more about this industry. Students interested in becoming a member are encouraged to email email@example.com to ask about the FARRAR Mentor ISPE Student Sponsorship.
Recent graduates with less than five years of experience within the pharmaceutical industry looking to share their experiences and learn from students and professionals with more experience.
Professionals with 5-15 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry looking to share their experience and learn from students and other professionals.
Executive Level Professionals
Professionals with 15+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry looking to share their experience and learn from students and other professionals.
Mentor ISPE FAQs
- Mentor Matching
- After the applications have been received through the Application Form, the applicants will be invited to the Mentor Group Matching Party.
- The participants of the Mentor Group Matching Party will provide their preference for people to be matched with to the Women in Pharma® Mentorship Committee using the Mentor Group Preference Form.
- The Women in Pharma® Mentorship Committee will complete the Mentor Group Tracking Document identifying each Mentor Group and its participants.
- The matching will be based on the participant’s responses to the Application Form and the Mentor Group Preference Form.
- The Mentor Groups will be made up of 1 student, 1 Recent Graduate, 1 Mid-level Professional, and 1 Executive-level professional. Within that group diversity and inclusion of gender, and nationality will be considered.
- The Mentor Groups will be based on similar interests and objectives for participating in the program. Interests and objectives will be considered to find an equilibrium to promote different experiences and expertise.
- Mentor ISPE Application
The Women in Pharma® Mentor Group Participant Application is a Form used by the program participants to provide their information along with their interest in the Women in Pharma® Mentor Group Program. The Women in Pharma® Mentor Committee is responsible for updating the questions on an annual basis based on the feedback from the MentorISPE Feedback Form provided to each Mentor Group throughout the program.
- Mentor ISPE Matching Party & Mentor Group Preference Form
The Mentor Matching Party will be a virtual event using Remo where the people interested in participating in the Women in Pharma® Mentor Group Program will get to interact with each other before being matched into a Mentor Group. At the end of the Matching Party, each participant will then submit the Mentor Group Preference Form to provide their preference for people to be matched with to the Women in Pharma® Mentorship Committee. These preferences will be considered when establishing the Mentor Groups.
- Mentor ISPE Student Sponsorship Content
Students interested in participating in Mentor ISPE but are not yet ISPE members are eligible to receive the FARRAR Mentor ISPE Student Sponsorship. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more. Spots are limited.
- Suggested Monthly Topics
Month 1 Introductions and Expectations of the program (mandatory)d Month 2 Unconscious bias and how to deal with it? Month 3 Generational communication styles Month 4 Imposter syndrome Month 5
Hurdles Women Face in the workforce
- How do male advocates perceive these hurdles?
- How do they overcome some of these hurdles?
Month 6 Cultural differences in the workplace Month 7 Management/leadership styles/Managing conflict Month 8 Training/certifications Month 9 Personal branding
Contact the Mentor ISPE program for more information
Thank You To Our Student Sponsor.