Last Updated: 29 May 2020
As we continue to monitor the global COVID-19 public health emergency, our thoughts are with our Members and those impacted. We recognize that the ever-changing nature of this novel virus is concerning and is requiring many of us to adjust our standard practices. Still, we want to assure you that ISPE is here to support your knowledge and connectivity needs.
ISPE Affiliates and Chapters are a true local extension of the Society, so please reach out to the affiliate/chapter in your area for ground support and resources. Each affiliate and chapter will independently make decisions regarding their planned events, considering guidance provided by ISPE. And remember you can always stay connected to your fellow Members around the globe through ISPE's Community of Practice (CoP) online platform Community Connection, and through use of the ISPE Member Directory.
- Coronavirus Pandemic: Is Your Supply Chain Continuity Plan Ready? by the ISPE Investigational Products North America Team
- COVID-19: Treatment and Vaccine Development Move Ahead
- Drug Shortages: What to Know During the COVID-19 Outbreak by the ISPE Drug Shortages Team
- Advance Your Pharma Supply Chain Planning during a Pandemic by the ISPE Investigational Products North America Team
- Emergency Preparations Draw Heightened Industry and Regulator Attention as Natural and Man-Made Disasters Proliferate
As part of our FREE Pharma Best Practices Webinar Series, we will offer the webinar COVID-19: Pharma Supply Chain Security & Robustness During Global Pandemic on 2 April at 1100 EDT. You'll hear from a panel of subject matter experts as they discuss current challenges in keeping the supply chain operations running during an ongoing global crisis like COVID-19.
In consideration of the health and safety of our program attendees, and travel restrictions imposed by member companies, the ISPE Leadership Team has decided not to hold any in-person events for the remainder of the 2020 calendar year, and instead will conduct these as virtual events.
ISPE Members get access and discounts to the resources below as an exclusive benefit—all that can be accessed from the comfort of your office or home.
- Virtual Events – Keep your knowledge thriving and the industry moving forward by gaining new technical insights with ISPE virtual events. Designed to be highly interactive and hosted on a state-of-the-art digital platform, our virtual conferences deliver the same high-quality content and premier engagement opportunities that you would get at an in-person ISPE signature event.
- Online Live Training – Take a deep dive into industry-critical topics with ISPE’s Online Live Learning—real-time, interactive, instructor-led trainings you can join from anywhere.
- Guidance Documents – Get an exclusive discount on all ISPE Guidance Documents—the gold-standard in our industry. This includes the newest Guides like the ISPE Good Practice Guide: HVAC & Process Equipment Air Filters and ISPE Good Practice Guide: Asset Management. Plus, get instant online access to select ISPE Good Practice Guides* on the Guidance Document Portal.
- Pharma Best Practices Webinar Series – Learn from leading subject matter experts covering critical, relevant topics in pharmaceutical manufacturing. ISPE Members have the benefit of unlimited access to the webinar recordings 30 days after the live webinar—whether you attended or not.
- Pharmaceutical Engineering® Magazine – Gain hands-on knowledge from articles on scientific and technical developments in pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Concept & Discussion Papers – Explore Concept Papers that establish or clarify a concept (or framework), as well as Discussion Papers which promote dialogue and creates awareness on new or emerging topics.
A group has been created in the ISPE Community Connection for Members to share news, updates, best practices, and professional advice on challenges you're facing during the COVID-19 pandemic. Member login is required to participate in the discussion group. Here is a sampling of the discussions going on in the ISPE COVID-19 Discussion Forum:
- Johns Hopkins Coranavirus Resource Center
- Mylan and Others Ramp Up Manufacture of Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate Tablets
- 3D Printing Community Responds to COVID-19
- Historical Science Papers on Conora Viruses
- View All Discussions
- CPhIonline: COVID-19 Pharma Tracker
- RAPS Vaccine Tracker
- COVID-19 Survey Report - By Lachman Consultants
- Daily COVID-19 Global Case Summary Report
- FDA Commissioner's Statement on COVID-19
- FiercePharma: COVID-19 Articles
- FirstWord Pharma: How will COVID-19 Impact the Pharmaceutical Industry? - Survey
- Harvard Business Review: Lead Your Business Through the Coronavirus Crisis
- How to Keep Remote Worker Wellbeing High
- Tips for Working Parents on Navigating the Coronavirus
Additional Resource Links:
- World Health Organization (WHO) – Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
- Johns Hopkins Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases Map
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – COVID-19 Situation Summary
*Good Practice Guides published after 30 September 2018 will be available for free on the ISPE Guidance Document Portal one year from the date of publication. GAMP® Good Practice Guides and Baseline® Guides are excluded.