Pfizer Ireland Pharmaceuticals received the ISPE Facility of the Year Award for Operational Excellence. This award honors application of modern management techniques that improve operating efficiencies and quality. Pfizer Ireland Pharmaceuticals’ manufacturing plant is located on a 90-acre site at the Grange Castle Business Park in Clondalkin, South County Dublin. The Grange Castle collective site is one of Pfizer’s many Biotech Operating Units implementing state-of-the-art technology, cutting edge thinking, and production expertise resulting in quality-driven products which improve the health of a global population.
The NSI Capacity Expansion Project encompassed an addition of two facility Suites (Suite 2 and Suite 4). Suite 2 is located on the first floor of the Manufacturing Suite and designated for increased manufacturing of Prevenar 13v®, a global vaccine for Pneumococcal disease. Suite 4, located on the ground floor of the MS building, was constructed to facilitate small to medium scale biotech manufacturing processes.
|New Manufacturing Space||80,000 sq feet|
|New Cleanrooms||44,000 sq feet|
|No. of Piping Isometrics||3,201|
|Piping installed||55,000 feet|
|HVAC sheet metal ducting||120,000 sq feet|
|Start Detail Design to OQ Completion||21 Months|
|Safety TRIR Metric||0.3|
Project Key Highlights:
1. Facility Integration - Large Retro-fit project with complex integration into existing site infrastructure.
2. Excellence in Project Execution - Designed, built and qualified in just over 2 years, 3% under budget excluding contingency.
3. People / Team - An integrated project team experienced in all facets of Project execution and operations.
4. Operation Excellence - Utilized novel approaches to empower colleagues to increase efficiency, drive innovation, and reduce costs.
5. Safety - Excellent safety performance with >1 million man-hours executed without an incident.
6. Quality - High quality build with <3% project re-work levels for M&E.