Last Updated: 7 October 2021
Robust risk mitigation measures are being undertaken to instill public confidence in the safety of ISPE’s in-person events. In conjunction with the venues and vendors supporting our conference, we will follow health and safety measures issued at the time of the events by state and local authorities, with consideration of CDC guidance, to minimize the spread of COVID-19 and ensure the health and safety of our event participants.
Risk mitigation measures will be clearly posted onsite and on event websites, registration materials, and marketing communications. ISPE Staff will be adequately trained and informed to properly advise and assist attendees in the practice of established mitigation measures. See below for risk mitigation measures that ISPE will undertake at in-person events. These measures will be adjusted based on changes to state and local requirement.
In addition to these guidelines, visit each conference website to learn more about the risk mitigation measures specific for that venue.
Limited Event Capacity
- Attendance in all events areas, including individual session rooms, will be limited as per state and venue requirements.
- Attendees will be advised and encouraged to practice proper distancing based on current state and local guidelines.
- Event layout will be designed for traffic management and distancing as required.
- Signage and staff will be located near key areas of potential concentration to advise and encourage proper distancing practices.
Personal Protective Equipment & Other Precautionary Measures
- Face coverings will be provided for all attendees, and guests.
- Hand sanitizing products will be made available throughout the event space.
- Appropriate ventilation measures will be implemented as per venue requirements.
Staff, Attendee, & Guest Health
- Individuals who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, have tested positive for COVID-19, or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the prior 14 days are encouraged to attend virtually.