ISPE Safety Precautions
New and robust risk mitigation measures are being undertaken to instill public confidence in the safety of ISPE’s in-person events. In conjunction with the venues and vendors supporting our events, we are committed to the proper implementation of CDC, state, and local public health guidelines to ensure protective measures are in place to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Included are the measures ISPE will implement in accordance with the guidelines from the state and local authorities.
Risk mitigation measures will be clearly posted on-site throughout the event and on event websites, registration materials, and marketing communications. ISPE Staff will be adequately trained and informed to properly advise and assist attendees in the practice of established mitigation measures. Specific risk mitigation measures that ISPE will undertake at in-person events include:
Limited Event Capacity
- Attendance in all events areas, including individual session rooms, will be limited as per state and venue requirements.
- Attendees will be advised and encouraged to practice proper distancing based on current state and local guidelines.
- Event layout will be designed for traffic management and distancing as required.
- Signage and staff will be located near key areas of potential concentration to advise and encourage proper distancing practices.
Personal Protective Equipment & Other Precautionary Measures
- Face coverings will be provided for all attendees, and guests.
- Hand sanitizing products will be made available throughout the event space.
- High-traffic and high-touch areas will be cleaned and disinfected at least once every 2 hours as per venue requirements.
- Appropriate ventilation measures will be implemented as per venue requirements.
Food and Beverage
- All food items will be served in sealed or individually prepared containers.
- All beverages will be served in original sealed containers.
- All condiments and utensils will be provided as individually wrapped or packaged.
Staff, Attendee, & Guest Health
- Individuals who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, have tested positive for COVID-19, or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the prior 14 days are encouraged to stay home.