The International Leadership Forum (ILF) was established in April 1990 to enable senior management to discuss issues of common interest among their colleagues worldwide and to meet with senior regulatory agency personnel to discuss ways to improve efficiency and safety. The International Leadership also provided leadership, direction, and resources to initiate the development of baseline guides to establish science-based standards for industry reference and compliance.
In 2016, the group repositioned and renamed itself the Global Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Leadership Forum (GPMLF).
The Global Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Leadership Forum exists to provide a neutral setting in which pharmaceutical industry thought leaders can engage in dialogue around critical industry issues with the objective to progress those areas of common interest to membership.1 The Global Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Leadership Forum meets twice annually for one day. Meetings usually take place at the ISPE Europe Annual Conference in the spring and at the ISPE Annual Meeting & Expo in the fall. Ad hoc meetings are held throughout the year by the core team and various task teams for planning purposes and to progress the Global Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Leadership Forum agenda
Relationship to ISPE
- ISPE liaises with GPMLF as it elaborates its remit
- ISPE works with GPMLF on mutually agreed upon initiatives that fit within ISPE’s scope and strategy. ISPE values the input of this Forum and their support of ISPE activities
- ISPE acts as the conference partner to GPMLF at ISPE events, hosting, and coordinating their meetings
- A Member will be selected to serve as Chair for a one-year to two-year term, beginning with the first meeting of each year simultaneously; there will be a co-chair selected ready to step in upon term completion.
- A GPMLF core group (a subset of the GPMLF full membership roster) will be identified and these members are intended to garner participation from the major industry sectors.
- Additional individuals can be invited to attend meetings to support the specific agenda topics of the meeting organized by a core steering team.
1 The GPMLF’s activity is always compliant with all local and international law regarding inter-company/agency communication.