Clean-in-Place (CIP) Fundamentals (T03) - Updated!
Clean-in-place design integration and cleaning chemical selection are vital components of every pharmaceutical manufacturing process; indeed, all pharmaceutical companies employ some type of cleaning application every day. As a result, FDA inspections of cleaning processes have been occurring with greater frequency in today's highly regulated manufacturing environment. To achieve effective and easily validated cleaning methods is to gain a thorough understanding of cleaning methods.
What You Will Learn
This training course will provide a fundamental overview of clean-in-place (CIP) systems including design, integration, and selection of cleaning chemicals. Participants will discuss engineering concepts, principles, and integration of CIP systems, clean-out-of-place (COP) systems, or immersion parts washers. While there will be some discussion of manual cleaning practices, cleaning principles will be primarily introduced as they relate to the dynamics of CIP and COP technologies, with an emphasis on selecting the right cleaning chemistries for specific soil residues.
- Introduction to Automated Cleaning
- CIP Technologies
- Spray Device Technologies
- Developing Automated Recipes
- COP Immersion & Cabinets
- Sampling Methods and Recovery Studies
- Integrating CIP into the Process
- Cleaning Validation Considerations for Automated Systems
Who Should Attend
- Quality assurance and quality control specialists, manufacturing supervisors, technical support personnel, engineers
- all levels of management
Additional Course Details
Additional topics covered include a CIP technology review including examples of various pharmaceutical processes that illustrate how CIP technologies and hygienic design can improve cleanability. Other topics for discussion include CIP spray device selection criteria and dynamics of integrating CIP process piping into a pharmaceutical process.
A dynamic hands-on workshop will allow participants to work in groups to design, build, and implement a cleaning process for a pharmaceutical application. Participants will apply knowledge gained from the course to identify cleaning solutions to complex cleaning processes.
- Describe the cleaning mechanisms utilized in the pharmaceutical environment with emphasis on CIP and COP technologies
- Explain how to design or modify the process for proper cleaning
- Identify and select the correct cleaning chemistries for specific soils and residues
- Participate in a design workshop that will test your skills and knowledge in implementing cleaning technologies in a pharmaceutical process
Daily Schedule and Pricing
Online Live5 - 8 Apr 2021
Daily Schedule at a Glance
0830 – 0845 Login 0845 - 0900 Introductions 0900 - 1030 Course Content & Exercise 1030 - 1045 Break 1045 - 1215 Course Content & Exercise 1215 - 1230 Wrap-up, Questions, Discussion 0830 – 0845 Login 0845 - 0900 Recap 0900 - 1030 Course Content & Exercise 1030 - 1045 Break 1045 - 1215 Course Content & Exercise 1215 - 1230 Wrap-up, Questions, Discussion 0830 – 0845 Login 0845 - 0900 Recap 0900 - 1030 Course Content & Exercise 1030 - 1045 Break 1045 - 1215 Course Content & Exercise 1215 - 1230 Wrap-up, Questions, Discussion 0830 – 0845 Login 0845 - 0900 Recap 0900 - 1030 Course Content & Exercise 1030 - 1045 Break 1045 - 1215 Course Content & Exercise 1215 - 1230 Wrap-up, Questions, Discussion
Now Your Whole Team Can Participate in an ISPE Learning Experience
- 3 - 5 participants - Save 10%
- 6 - or more participants - Save 20%
Group discount applies to Member/Nonmember rate only. To qualify, all registrant information must be submitted at the same time. Registrations that arrive later will NOT be eligible for the group discount. Cannot be combined with other offers. To register as a group, please contact ISPE by telephone, +1-813-960-2105 or by email, email@example.com.