Applying the Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing Facilities Baseline® Guide Principles
Using case studies and exercises this online live course in facility design provides an overview of the concepts utilized in the development and renovation of sound designs for facilities that manufacture biopharmaceutical products. The course includes a review of biopharmaceutical manufacturing facility design and regulatory issues important in the US and Europe that involve industry trends and changing regulatory policy. Participants will discuss current case studies on a wide array of facility topics, and complete class exercises that involve developing facility scope of work and deliverables to meet corporate economic goals and regulatory requirements.
What You Will Learn
- Discuss facility design concepts related to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs)
- Describe the regulatory review process
- Apply engineering design principles related to biotechnology product manufacturing
- Understand biotechnology process attributes that impact equipment and facility design
- Utilize current industry guidance documents that impact facility design
- Describe impact of critical utilities on facility design
- Understand project economics and their impact on facility design
- Discuss current industry trends impacting facility design and construction
Resources and Activities
- Pre-Course Work Materials
- Interactive Exercises
- Learning Assessments
- ISPE Baseline Guide Vol 6: Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing Facilities 2nd Edition
- Introduction: Biomanufacturing design considerations
- The role of Quality by Design (ICH Q8) in facility design
- Regulatory expectations - Designing for Compliance
- QbD in Facility Design
- Defining the process - CQAs, CPPs, Design Space
- Equipment considerations
- Facility considerations
- Utility and Support systems
- Facility Qualification, Verification, and Process Validation
- Risk Assessment
- Reference materials: ICH Q8, ICH Q9, ASTM E2500, 2011 FDA Guidance for Process Validation
Who Should Attend
- Individuals who want to improve their working knowledge of biotechnology manufacturing facility design concepts
- Professionals who need a focused understanding of the issues a biotechnology manufacturing company must address in order to develop a facility design that meets current regulatory requirements and corporate economic goals
- Individuals who provide services and/or assistance to biotechnology manufacturing companies to design, construct, validate, and finance facilities
Additional Course Details
This course includes a pre-recorded Webinar that provides a review of the basics prior to the classroom course. Access information will be provided via email one week prior to the start of the training event.
- Define controlled processing, primary and secondary segregation, personnel flow, open versus closed systems, and single-product versus multi-product manufacture.
- Discuss regulatory philosophy, manufacturing operations, process and equipment considerations, process support, facility integration, process controls, automation, and commissioning and qualification of biopharmaceutical manufacturing facilities.
- Describe additional references available in the Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing Facilities Baseline® Guide.
Communities of Practice
This training course is of particular interest to existing and future members of the ISPE Biotechnology Community of Practice (COP).
Daily Schedule and Pricing
Online Live23 - 26 May 2023
Daily Schedule at a Glance
0830 – 0845 Login 0845 - 0900 Introductions 0900 - 1030 Course Content & Exercise 1030 - 1045 Break 1045 - 1215 Course Content & Exercise 1215 - 1230 Wrap-up, Questions, Discussion 0830 – 0845 Login 0845 - 0900 Recap 0900 - 1030 Course Content & Exercise 1030 - 1045 Break 1045 - 1215 Course Content & Exercise 1215 - 1230 Wrap-up, Questions, Discussion 0830 – 0845 Login 0845 - 0900 Recap 0900 - 1030 Course Content & Exercise 1030 - 1045 Break 1045 - 1215 Course Content & Exercise 1215 - 1230 Wrap-up, Questions, Discussion 0830 – 0845 Login 0845 - 0900 Recap 0900 - 1030 Course Content & Exercise 1030 - 1045 Break 1045 - 1215 Course Content & Exercise 1215 - 1230 Wrap-up, Questions, Discussion
Registration Fee*ISPE Membership is required for these registration rates.
Now Your Whole Team Can Participate in an ISPE Learning Experience
- 3 - 5 participants - Save 10%
- 6 - or more participants - Save 20%
Group discount applies to Member/Nonmember rate only. To qualify, all registrant information must be submitted at the same time. Registrations that arrive later will NOT be eligible for the group discount. Cannot be combined with other offers. To register as a group, please contact ISPE by telephone, +1-813-960-2105 or by email, email@example.com.
Cancellations must be made in writing. If cancellations are received by 60 days prior to event start date, a full refund, minus a $150 handling fee, will be issued. After that time, no refunds will be granted. Please be advised that if your payment or written cancellation notice is not received prior to the cancellation date, your credit card will be charged the prevailing rate. Refund requests must be in writing and emailed or faxed to +1 (813)-264-2816. (Telephone messages are not accepted). ISPE reserves the right to modify the material or presenters for this event without notice, or cancel an event. If an event must be canceled, registrants will be notified by ISPE. ISPE will not be responsible for airfare penalties or other costs incurred due to cancellation.