STERIS Corporation | Life Sciences
Senior Manager, Technical Services
Aaron Mertens | Senior Manager, Technical Services
At a Glance:
· 24+ years of industry experience
· Expertise in sterility assurance compliance; sterilization technology and validation for steam, steam-in-place, dry heat, depyrogenation, ethylene oxide and gamma irradiation modalities
· Bachelor’s degree in genetics
· Active PDA and ISPE member
· Past President of ISPE Great Lakes Chapter; current Board of Directors member
Aaron has over 24 years of experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing, with expertise in cleaning, disinfection, sterilization and contamination control. He has held several positions within the pharmaceutical industry, with experience working at pharmaceutical manufacturing organizations representing quality assurance programs and working with global industry regulatory agencies. He holds a bachelor’s degree in genetics.
At STERIS Life Sciences, Aaron performs global manufacturing site evaluations and consultations to ensure compliance with international regulations. He is also responsible for providing global technical support for critical environments, sterility assurance and sterility maintenance application and validation.
Aaron is an active member of the Parenteral Drug Association (PDA) and the International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE). He previously served as President of the ISPE Great Lakes Chapter and is currently on the chapter’s Board of Directors. He is also a member of the ISPE Sterile Products Processing Steering Committee.
Additional professional activities for Aaron include delivering technical content to the industry with posters, publications, virtual and live technical presentations, as well as leading global sterilization master classes.