Who knows what the Federal “AIM” Act has to do with the future of refrigerants?
- California is setting the standard for Climate Change oriented regulations
- Other states are following as part of the U.S. Climate Alliance
- Get plugged into the regulations, they will affect all of us, everyone will need help working through the transition, better to lead, not follow
- Regulations are difficult to understand, there are many, some key connections within local, State and Federal agencies may be required to navigate this properly
- Cali is mandated to lower emissions utilizing many techniques by 2040; it is the law, refrigerants are one of the main targets
- New Regs require that any systems over 50# charge use refrigerants under 150 GWP (R448A = 1293, CO2 = 1)
- Retail already has had to comply with this; cold storage is 1-1-22 .